This profile drawing shows the hull and deckworks correctly but Corio Vertue has a single spreader metal mast with a simple masthead rig and no inner forestay. This is more like the rig found aboard the grp Vertue II’s, as shown below:
The simple masthead bermudan sloop rig used aboard Corio Vertue.
Corio Vertue was raced hard and enthusiastically in her younger days.
- Laurent Giles design No: 366
- Builder: Gil Albut, Queenscliffe, Victoria, Australia
- Launch Date: 1960
- Hull Material: Kauri on blue Gum
- Deck: Ply since 1991
- Ballast keel material:
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with wooden boom.
- Mast: Aluminium mast with single spreaders.
- Heads'ls: Furling genoa
- Backstay arrangement: Single to Bumkin
- Home Port:
- Current Owner:
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Corio Vertue was one of the first Vertues to be built in Australia.