Foresight is one of those quintessential Vertues built by Elkins in Christchurch. She is a high spec boat with teak bottom planking and mahogany topsides over English oak frames and timbers. Unusually she also has a laid teak deck. She seems to have been knocking about on the south coast of England for ever, looking much the same, and with her long doghouse is one of a few examples of perhaps the pinnacle of development of the English Vertue.
Foresight in Dartmouth in 2019.
- Laurent Giles design No: 306
- Builder: E F Elkins
- Launch Date: 1957
- Hull Material: Teak and mahogany
- Deck: Laid teak
- Engine: Yanmar diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Three
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay
- Mast: Wood
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to bumkin with runners
- Home Port: Last known in Cornwall
- Current Owner: Unknown
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Foresight is a classic Vertue built by Elkins.