Nora Sheila laid up near Baltimore, West Cork.
This continuous, five step, companionway forward of the engine does infer that Nora Sheila is one of the ‘long cockpit’ Vertues.
- Laurent Giles design No: 253
- Builder: Elkins
- Launch Date: 1955
- Hull Material: Mahogany & teak on English Oak
- Deck: Canvas on pine t & g.
- Engine: Volvo Penta MD 2
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Long
- Berths: Three
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop
- Mast: Spruce
- Heads'ls: Genoa & stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to bumkin
- Home Port: Baltimore, West Cork, Ireland
- Current Owner: Paul Gallagher
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Nora Sheila is a classic mid-1950's example of an Elkin's built Vertue.