Blue Jenny is safely under cover near Harwich on Cape Cod but is urgently in need of a new home so that her refit can be undertaken. Her owner is prepared to donate the boat to the right person.
Blue Jenny was built in England and eventually sailed across the Atlantic in true Vertue style. She has been in New England for many years. Her owner is unable to continue the refit she needs.
Blue Jenny may require plenty of work to bring her back to life, but just look at what Bill Rogers has done with V 48, and how V47 has also been fully restored in recent years.
Ocean Vertue layout and standard cutter rig drawings.
Blue Jenny was originally rigged as a sloop.
At anchor in Florida in the 1970’s.
- Laurent Giles design No: 189
- Builder: Percy See
- Launch Date: 1952
- Hull Material:
- Ballast keel material:
- Doghouse: 'Ocean' stepped coachroof: no doghouse.
- Cockpit: Short
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop
- Backstay arrangement:
- Home Port: Harwich MA Cape Cod New England USA
- Current Owner: Patrick Otton
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Blue Jenny is a rare 'Ocean' Vertue and is awaiting a long overdue deep refit.