Ice Bird as she appears in Eric Hiscock’s book ‘Voyaging Under sail’, photographed in English Harbour, Antigua
Recent photographs of Ice Bird.
The sailplan and hull profile drawing shows the distinctive stepped coachroof and cutter rig.
These monotone photos of Ice Bird were taken during the Icelandic voyage.
- Laurent Giles design No: 191
- Builder: Aeromarine
- Launch Date: 1952
- Hull Material: Mahogany
- Deck: Epoxy glass cloth over ply over t & g softwood.
- Engine: Volvo MD 7A 13hp
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: OCEAN
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Two
- Rig: Bermudan cutter
- Mast: Metal
- Heads'ls: Stays'ls and Jibs
- Backstay arrangement: Twin Standing to transom
- Home Port: Port Edgar, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Current Owner: Tony Holt
- Contact details:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other comments: The second 'Ocean' Vertue to be built in 1952. Famous for an Atlantic circuit and return passage from Ireland to Iceland.