Gay Vertue appeared on the front cover of Yachting Monthly in April 1953, just before the Coronation of the new Queen Elizabeth in June.
- Laurent Giles design No: 156
- Builder: Elkins, Christchurch,
- Launch Date: 1952
- Hull Material: Mahogany on oak
- Deck: Originally canvas over pine.
- Engine: Yes (originally Stuart Turner P55ME Petrol)
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Short not sd.
- Berths: Three
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop
- Mast: Wood
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to single bumkin.
- Home Port: ?
- Current Owner: ?
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: We have no up to date information about Gay Vertue, but would very much like to hear if she is still afloat.