Several Vertues have been self-built by their owners over the years, and they have often taken several years to complete. Arthur Potter famously ordered the construction drawings in 1937, laid the keel the following year and launched the uncompleted hull of his boat in 1950. The mast was finally stepped in 1953, fifteen years after he started!
- Laurent Giles design No: 22 B
- Builder: Arthur Potter, Middlesborough, Yorkshire. England.
- Launch Date: 1950
- Hull Material: Larch on Oak
- Deck: Grp sheathed ply
- Engine: Beta 14 Diesel
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short. Deep.
- Berths: 4
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop
- Mast: Spruce
- Heads'ls: Genoa and Stays'ls.
- Backstay arrangement:
- Home Port: Helford, Cornwall, England.
- Current Owner: Adrian Davis
- Contact details:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other comments: 'Home built' over many years on the river Tees.