Eleanor of Poole is one of several Newman’s built Vertues from this period. Both the boatyards of Newman and Elkins were not far away from the Giles design office in Lymington, enabling periodic inspections of construction to be easily carried out.
- Laurent Giles design No: 86
- Builder: Newman, Poole, Dorset, UK.
- Launch Date: 1949
- Hull Material: Teak & mahogany on oak
- Deck: Canvas on pine
- Engine: Beta 16 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Long
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay
- Mast: Wood with two pairs of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Runners and standing backstay to boomkin
- Home Port: Barry, S. Wales
- Current Owner: Roger Donkin
- Contact details:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Other comments: Roger Donkin has recently bought back this lovely boat that he had owned some years ago, but which now needs a 'deep' refit!