Flying Fish is a classic example of a Vertue, beautifully finished with the finest materials available.
There is a symphony of natural wood finishes down below.
- Laurent Giles design No: 1239
- Builder: Jack Bassett, East Boothbay, Maine, USA
- Launch Date: May 2010
- Hull Material: 4 veneers of Yellow, red and spanish cedar
- Deck: grp sheathed laminated cedar & ply
- Engine: Yanmar YM 15 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Two
- Rig: All inboard masthead sloop
- Mast: Sitka spruce with two pairs of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Masthead genoa and staysls. with hanks.
- Backstay arrangement: Twin standing to quarters with runners.
- Home Port: Boothbay, Maine, USA.
- Current Owner: Jack Bassett & Carolyn Shubert
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: One of the finest Vertues afloat.