We know little about this boat and would be very happy to know more. She was based in Northumberland in 2001. She is likely to be very similar to Grace and Eleanor of Poole but with a longer cockpit and consequently less spacious saloon layout.
She made some quite extended cruises to Scandinavia, Orkney, Shetland and Holland in the 1990’s.
- Laurent Giles design No: 85
- Builder: Newman, Poole, Dorset.
- Launch Date: 1949
- Hull Material: Mahogany & teak bottom on oak.
- Deck: Probably canvas on pine.
- Engine: Yanmar 1GM diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Long, self draining.
- Berths: Five with quarter berth
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Wooden
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls.
- Backstay arrangement: Twin and runners.
- Home Port: ?
- Current Owner: ?
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Gay Caroline was one of several boats built by Newmans around this time.