We know little about this boat and would be very happy to know more. She was based in Northumberland in 2001. She is very similar to Grace and Eleanor of Poole, being one of eleven ‘long cockpit’ boats, five of which were built by Newmans.
She made some quite extended cruises to Scandinavia, Orkney, Shetland and Holland in the 1990’s.
- Laurent Giles design No: 85
- Builder: Newman, Poole, Dorset.
- Launch Date: 1949
- Hull Material: Mahogany & teak bottom on oak.
- Deck: Probably canvas on pine.
- Engine: Yanmar 1GM diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Long, self draining.
- Berths: Five with quarter berth
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Wooden
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls.
- Backstay arrangement: Twin and runners.
- Home Port: ?
- Current Owner: ?
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Gay Caroline was one of several boats built by Newmans around this time.