Luana looks like the real thoroughbred that she is. Every inch a Vertue with her full rig and low freeboard.
Luana has been completed with some beautiful joinery.
Luana has been built with some very thoughtful joinery detailing. She doesn’t look like a metal hulled boat.
Luana has a homely feel down below in the saloon.
- Laurent Giles design No: 1243b
- Builder: Jachtbau Otto Kuenemund
- Launch Date: February 1996
- Hull Material: Aluminium alloy
- Deck: Teak laid over timber structure
- Engine: Sole diesel 17hp
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay
- Mast: Aluminium alloy with two pairs of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Masthead genoa and staysls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to bumkin with runners
- Home Port: Ulsnis, Schlei fjord, N. Germany
- Current Owner: Hanna & Thomas Schwendt
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Luana is probably the only Vertue with an aluminium hull.