Patience on the slip showing her immaculate paint finish and long, low coachroof.
The saloon is bright and spacious with plenty of headroom that extends right forward into the focsle.
Patience‘s cockpit and companionway is well protected with a substantial spray hood and the joinery work is clearly outstanding.
Her deck structures were built in the fine Australian hardwood Jarrah, but this did not have the resilience of teak under varnish and has more recently been finished with pale coloured paintwork: a tremendous saving in maintenance labour!
- Laurent Giles design No: 616
- Builder: Fred Dodd, Ray Reeves & Audun Pedersen
- Launch Date: 2009
- Hull Material: Afrormosia on Spotted Gum
- Deck: Teak laid over Tallow Wood
- Engine: Yanmar diesel 15 hp
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: None: long coachroof.
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Metal with one set of spreaders.
- Heads'ls: Furling masthead genoa jib
- Backstay arrangement: Inboard single standing
- Home Port: Huon River, Tasmania
- Current Owner: Audun & Veronica Pedersen
- Contact details: see email
- Email address: Audun Pedersen
- Other comments: Patience is a superbly built variant of the Ocean Vertue with a modern masthead rig. Her keel was laid in 1970.