Sarissa was built for the Poole’s following the sale of their earlier Vertue Kukri V 75. As she was in need of a major refit they decided to build from new, making use of Kea‘s drawings but modifying the construction and layout. There must have been some quite major ammendments since the latter boat is an ‘ocean’ design with conventional carvel planking on frames, as well as having a totally different coachroof design, and layout below.
We hope to be able to show some more pictures of Sarissa in due course: she looks to be a beautiful boat!
- Laurent Giles design No: None
- Builder: Bent Jessperson
- Launch Date: 1985 Sidney BC
- Hull Material: Cold moulded cedar and mahogany
- Deck: Dynel epoxy over marine ply
- Engine: Beta 14 Diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay.
- Mast: Double spreaders wooden
- Heads'ls: Masthead genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: All inboard, runners and twin backstays to quarters.
- Home Port: West Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Current Owner: Bob & Kathy Poole
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Sarissa is cold moulded but unusually, she is built to the earlier standard drawings.