Sarissa was built for the Poole’s following the sale of their earlier Vertue Kukri V 75. As she was in need of a major refit they decided to build from new, making use of Kea‘s drawings but modifying the construction and layout. There must have been some quite major ammendments since the latter boat is an ‘ocean’ design with conventional carvel planking on frames, as well as having a totally different coachroof design, and layout below.
We hope to be able to show some more pictures of Sarissa in due course: she looks to be a beautiful boat!
- Laurent Giles design No: None
- Launch Date: 1985
- Hull Material: Cold moulded cedar and mahogany
- Ballast keel material:
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Rig: Double spreader masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay.
- Mast: Double spreaders wooden
- Heads'ls: Masthead genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Runners and backstay
- Home Port: West Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Current Owner: Bob Poole
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Sarissa is cold moulded but unusually, she is built to the earlier standard drawings.