Varna was bought by her current owners in 2017 as a very worthwhile project. We hope to be able to update progress shortly.
Varna on her way to Italy.
The renovation begins, to reveal beautiful teak planking.
Varna being restored.
- Laurent Giles design No: None assigned
- Builder: Cheoy Lee, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Launch Date: 1964
- Hull Material: Teak on Ipol
- Deck: Painted canvas over marine ply.
- Engine: Yanmar 2YM 15 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead?
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four?
- Backstay arrangement:
- Home Port: Lovorno (Leghorn), Italy west coast.
- Current Owner: Annalaura Sbrozzi & Giovanni Vandelli
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Varna began a deep refit in 2017 when she was taken from England to Livorno.