Jan Gilda is one of fourteen Cheoy Lee built Vertues to be imported into England between 1962-64.
Jan Gilda is now based in Jezera on the beautiful island of Murter off the coast of Croatia. She regularly takes part in the annual Vertues race during the Barcolana regatta off the northern Adriatic city of Trieste.
Jan Gilda is a classic Cheoy Lee built Vertue, part of the northern Adriatic ‘Fleet’.
- Laurent Giles design No: 467
- Builder: Cheoy Lee Shipyard, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Launch Date: 1963 100A1
- Hull Material: Teak on Ipol
- Deck: Painted canvas over ply
- Engine: Yanmar 2GM diesel
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay
- Mast: Sitka spruce
- Heads'ls: Hanked on genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to boomkin with runners.
- Home Port: Jezera, Murter I., Croatia
- Current Owner: Tihomir Trnovski
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Jan Gilda has been lovingly maintained with much of her original equipment from the 1960's.