According to Peter Woolass in his 1976 edition of Vertue, John Struchinsky ended his world voyage in Halifax, Nova Scotia from where he subsequently cruised. It would be good to know where he and Bonaventure went after that.
I’m afraid we have no illustrations of any sort of Bonaventure de Lys, and assume that her general appearance was that of the profile drawing heading this entry.
Further details of the circumnavigation will be added in due course.
- Laurent Giles design No: 413
- Builder: Souter, Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Launch Date: 1961
- Hull Material: Teak & Mahogany on English Oak
- Deck: Canvas on ply?
- Engine: Sometimes
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short?
- Backstay arrangement:
- Home Port: Not known
- Current Owner: Unknown
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Bonaventure completed a global circumnavigation when owned by John Struchinsky in the 1970's.