Return sailing in light weather in Italy
Return is a classic second-generation, teak built, Vertue.
Return is amongst the last of the classic, Elkins-built Vertues, before they were undercut by the cheaper Chinese imports, built by the Cheoy Lee Shipyard in Hong Kong. Nothing changes! Although the Chinese built boats made use of high quality teak and ipol timber, some corners were cut by the use of iron keels and other, ferrous metals in their construction.
- Laurent Giles design No: 380
- Builder: E H Elkins, Christchurch, England
- Launch Date: 1960
- Hull Material: Teak & mahogany on English Oak.
- Deck: Canvas on ply?
- Engine: Yanmar 2 GM 20 Diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Three
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Wood with twin spreaders
- Heads'ls: Masthead genoa & stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Standing to boomkin
- Home Port: Chioggia, Italy
- Current Owner: Thoenes Mazzanti Edwin Dich
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Return is one of the last of the beautiful high spec Elkins built Vertues.