We are very keen to learn more about Vertue of Kent and especially her voyage from England to New Zealand in the 1970’s or 80’s.
Vertue of Kent has undergone a ‘deep refit’ in Whangarei over many years.
I took these photos several years ago since when the refit has been completed.
Moored in Whangarei town Basin, New Zealand.
Vertue of Kent was beautifully built with varnished topsides. This may be Mark Pritchard who sailed her out to New Zealand, following in the footsteps of another Vertue, Fialar V110.
- Laurent Giles design No: 680
- Launch Date: 1974
- Hull Material:
- Deck: Sheathed ply
- Ballast keel material:
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop all inboard
- Mast: Metal
- Heads'ls: Genoa & stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Twin Standing
- Home Port: Whangariei, New Zealand
- Current Owner: Ross Connon
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Vertue of Kent was built in Kent, England, and sailed out to New Zealand by Mark Pritchard. We are keen to know more about this boat.