As another classic Cheoy Lee built Vertue Contessina needs little description. She is in wonderful condition having been built of first class materials by a shipyard who had already built several boats to the same drawings.
Contessina ashore in Wales.
Main companionway and bridgedeck.
Typical Cheoy Lee solid teak joinery in saloon looking for’d.
Contessina is in very original condition from the time she was built in 1963.
- Laurent Giles design No: 483
- Builder: Cheoy Lee Shipyard, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Launch Date: 1963
- Hull Material: Teak on Ipol
- Deck: Painted canvas over marine ply
- Engine: Yanmar 1GM10 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop with inner forestay
- Mast: Sitka spruce with two pairs of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Single to boomkin
- Home Port: Flushing, Falmouth, Cornwall. UK Southwest.
- Current Owner: Peter Collett
- Contact details:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Other comments: Contessina has very recently changed hands after a number of years based in north Wales and is now based in Falmouth.