Tale Teller (ex Aldebaran) has had an adventurous life. During her circumnavigation she was sheathed in kauri and epoxy cloth in New Zealand. On returning to South Africa, Tom Maben then gave her a major refit in Hout Bay, where she is still based.
Tale Teller is a well-travelled Vertue.
- Laurent Giles design No: 436
- Builder: Henry Vink, Durban, South Africa
- Launch Date: 1964
- Hull Material: Mahogany & Afrormosia on oak
- Deck: ?
- Engine: Yes
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: ?
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Wood ? with two pairs of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Genoa & Stays'ls?
- Backstay arrangement: Twin standing backstays to quarters.
- Home Port: Hout Bay, South Africa
- Current Owner: ?
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Tale Teller completed a circumnavigation after Henry Vink had sailed her to Mauritious in the 1960's.