Ocean Rambler‘s varnished ‘sheerstrake’ confirms her Vertue pedigree and her wooden construction, which is less obvious elsewhere on deck, outside the cockpit.
Ocean Rambler is very modern on deck, with aluminium spars, kicker and fore hatch, and most of the sail control lines lead aft to the two winches mounted on the doghouse.
The efficient galley and chart table follow the well-tried layout of numerous earlier Vertues. The wooden construction is more evident below than on deck.
- Laurent Giles design No: 1198
- Builder: Consort Yachts, Southampton
- Launch Date: 1994
- Hull Material: Cedar strip planked
- Deck: Marine ply with cedar
- Engine: Yanmar diesel
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Four
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop
- Mast: Aluminium with single pair of spreaders
- Heads'ls: Furling masthead genoa
- Backstay arrangement: Single standing backstay split to quarters. No runners.
- Home Port: Whitby, Yorkshire
- Current Owner: John Anderson
- Contact details:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other comments: An entirely modern strip planked Vertue from Consort Yachts.