Hussar has been owned all over the southern part of England from the West Country to East Anglia. She has also completed a circumnavigation of the UK, and has sailed to Spain and, more recently, to Holland. A u tube film shows her sailing in Essex.
She was originally built for R.H.D. Barklie to revised Kishti drawings, complete with an electric starting 4 hp Stuart Turner petrol motor.
- Laurent Giles design No: 107
- Builder: E.F.Elkins, Christchurch, Dorset, England.
- Launch Date: 1949
- Hull Material: Mahogany on Oak
- Deck: Fibreglass matt over Pine.
- Engine: Beta 10 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Short
- Cockpit: Long
- Berths: Two
- Rig: Masthead bermudan sloop.
- Mast: Wooden
- Heads'ls: Genoa and stays'ls.
- Backstay arrangement: Standing to bumkin & runners.
- Home Port: Blackwater River, Essex, UK.
- Current Owner: Ken Crudgington & Carey Stephenson
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Hussar is now based on the East coast of England.