Natural Selection is a very shapely Vertue with a pre-war hull shape.
The gaff cutter rig suits the boat’s bold sheerline which is accentuated by the seperated toe-rail.
There is plenty of brightwork above and below decks.
- Laurent Giles design No: None
- Builder: IBTC Lowestoft
- Launch Date: 1990
- Hull Material: Iroko carvel planking, on oak
- Deck: Teak laid.
- Engine: Beta BZ 482 diesel
- Ballast keel material: Iron
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Two
- Rig: Gaff cutter
- Mast: Sitka spruce
- Heads'ls: Furling jib with stays'ls
- Backstay arrangement: Runners
- Home Port: ?
- Current Owner: ?
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: One of at least two gaff cutter rigged Vertues built around this time.