Northam Vertue is currently having a major refit inland from her home port of San Diego, under the blue California skies!
Northam Vertue is one of the select group of ‘Ocean’ Vertues with her long low, stepped, coachroof. She was built over several years by Gary Kemp of the finest materials available, as can be seen here, at the beginning of her current refit. Her owner, Scot Copeland, has said that he would like to sell her, but I would suggest that this will grow less and less likely as he moves towards the completion of his project: who could really part with a beautiful boat like this!
These photos show some of the very high quality work that Scot Copeland is completing on the boat in California.
- Laurent Giles design No: 578
- Builder: Gary Kemp
- Launch Date: 1974 (commenced building 1968)
- Hull Material: Teak on Oak
- Deck: Teak laid
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Ocean Vertue
- Cockpit: Short
- Mast: Procter metal spars
- Backstay arrangement:
- Home Port: San Diego, southern California, US.
- Current Owner: Scot Copeland
- Contact details: email@example.com
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other comments: Northam Vertue is named after a riverside locality of Southampton, near where she was built in Bursledon.