Simo anchored, showing her unusual bowsprit arrangement. Michael, ‘Mick’ Chamberlain kept her in Portugese waters for several years.
Mick happily at sea aboard Simo.
Simo at anchor not long before she was lost on passage from Horta in the Azores towards England. Mick had to abandon ship after being overwhelmed by a serious leak around the stem. He was taken off by a Portugese fishing vessel on 9th July 2013 and subsequently landed at Vigo.
- Laurent Giles design No: 425
- Builder: Percy See, Fareham, Hampshire.
- Launch Date: 1961
- Hull Material: Pitch pine on English Oak
- Deck: Teak
- Engine: Beta Diesel
- Ballast keel material: Lead
- Doghouse: Long
- Cockpit: Short
- Berths: Three
- Rig: Bermudan cutter with short bowsprit and jumper strut.
- Mast: Wooden with jumper strut upper spreader
- Heads'ls: Stays'ls and jibs
- Backstay arrangement: Twin standing backstays to quarters
- Home Port: Davey Jones' locker
- Current Owner: Davey Jones
- Contact details:
- Email address:
- Other comments: Percy See built several Vertues to a very high standard, amongst the other class boats for which he was well-known.